Thursday, June 09, 2005

Round 2 of chemo for Barry

Barry has an early appt. this morning for Round 2. I'm going to join him for lunch and bring him a Panera sandwich. Am taking an extra 1/2 hr. for lunch. I went with him for his first chemo but it really took a lot out of me mentally due to being so close to my own treatment. I'm only a phone call away from him. I won't be there physically but will be there in spirit like all our bloggin' family and friends.

I did eat Panera with Barry today. It truly is not the best place to have lunch, but I thought it was important to spend that time with him. He was there a long 6 1/2 hours for treatment today. That is a long time for him. So much longer than my couple of hours. He said he didn't rest as much as when I was there on his first treatment. He did enjoy the time I spent with him and of course the sandwich. I think next treatment I will go with him. It's one of those things that I don't know if there is a right answer. I didn't go with him and I was double guessing myself while I wasn't there. Will have to talk it over with him.

He met with his doctor before the chemo. He will have a scan done after the 3rd chemo to see if nodules/cancer area have changed in size. If smaller, he will continue on with more chemo. If larger, a more aggressive chemo drug will be given to him. So we are praying for a positive scan at that time. Going through chemo is something that no one should have to go through.

Barry, you did great today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane - I am sure Barry understands that you are not there after all you two are going through it together and as you say you are only a phone call away and you are going to bring him lunch. Hang tough. Love, Mary Lou