Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bald is beautiful and to be bold is even better..

Since it's a bit cool this a.m., and I don't want to get sick, I think I'm going to "as Jody says" don the hat. And perhaps in my own department shed it and go bald.
I really love it. Didn't know what to do in the shower this a.m. with my head. So much time even after getting out of it. Well, off to early meeting at my job. Keep bloggin' everyone so that I know you are there.

PS. Sorry Bo didn't win American Idol, but he did win me.

Today at work was so cool. I had so many people come up to me and tell me how good I looked. Wore the hat to the meeting and took it off as I was going back to my department. A bold statement on my part. And the only time I put the hat back on was when I got cold. Actually had to get some hot chocolate. And when I got my nails done, I went au naturel and while doing some errands in town. Taking control and feeling good about it.

Am off to Barry's job as they have been very supportive of us. I want to show off my new GI Jane look.

PSS. I have gotten so many emails and blog comments today. You guys are great.

Wishing my sister Maureen (a good blogger) success with her surgery tomorrow. She's one of us and I know she'll do fine.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, you look so nice in all your pictures.. we like the new jane and you don't need a hat.. Don said it is just like his new look and tell Barry it is nice no comb overs for a while...

Anonymous said...

Jane I could not agree with your friends more. Hair or no hair you are beautiful inside and out and courageous !!

Your friend in Bethlehem CT
Terry

Anonymous said...

I like the new "do" Jane...you look like you're ready for basic training, we'll have to wear sunglasses if you go out in the sun. You're starting to look like the guy on TV with the big horn rimmed glasses that does the Six Flags commercials. I LOVE it!

Wait till Barry goes bald, then you can sit around watching TV together...looking like coneheads from Saturday Night Live.

After all this passes and your hair grows back, there's going to be some serious laughing about all of it. ("serious laughing"...now there's an oxymoron for you)

Anonymous said...

I like the GI Jane look too!

Anonymous said...

Jane,
YOU are such a Courageous and "bold lady"!
YOUR spirit is inspiring!!!
YOU SHINE!
Please know I am thinking of you in sooo many ways...
bjbrown

Anonymous said...

We're just checking out the blog at work, and we like the new name - "GI Jane". Everyone's comment was you sure looked good!! Have a good night. Meg, Sid, John, Dick, Sam, Kevin

Anonymous said...

GEEEE I Jane, looks good to me.