Saturday, May 21, 2005

A great day at my 2nd Relay for Life event!

Believe it or not, I was in bed at 8:15 p.m. last night. And probably asleep within 10 minutes. A tiring week for me. I don't think there are many moments of the day/week that cancer is not on my mind. And even more so with Barry's diagnosis. So, for me to be able to sleep is a gift. I slept right through until 7:15 a.m.!! A record for me. No bathroom breaks even. And to finally dream once again was so nice. It's the type of sleep that when you wake up, you stretch your toes to the end of the bed and just feel so good. I didn't even hear Tim and his friend Jonathan last night.

Looks like another great day out there. Hope everyone enjoys it to the fullest.

I have changed today's title because I just got back from my 2nd Relay for Life event and it was so inspirational! The first one I went to in town had about 15 survivors, and this event had about 375 registered survivors. A much larger event and very moving. I am so thankful that Jody invited me to it, and for the opportunity to meet so many of her friends who are survivors.
Thanks Jody! I not only met her friends but I also recognized a lady who goes to my church. A face that I had seen a couple of times but was too shy to go up to. I noticed her once with a great scarf but didn't do anything about it. So today I took advantage of the situation and introduced myself to her. She is a young breast cancer survivor raising two young children. Her name is Michelle. I've said this before and I'll say it again, had I not been diagnosed with breast cancer I would never have met such great and inspirational people. Somehow it's all in God's hands, I truly believe that.

So many memories to enjoy and to go over in my mind from today. Barry continues to be good, considering it's his first weekend from receiving chemo. And thank God for that.

Just a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane...so happy you had a good night. Have a restful weekend and take care...gerry

Anonymous said...

Jane.. it was nice to see you had a great night. you have a good weekend say hi to Barry and Tim. enjoy your weather right now.. we are at 100 and tomorrow will be about 110.. tell tim all his little friends are running around my wall out back...

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great night. Grab those when you can and be grateful. Take care Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

A full night's sleep is a real luxury. So glad that it happened for you. Hope the day was an enjoyable one for you, Barry and Tim. Are still sending prayers and positive energy your way. (Times three - for you, Barry and Tim!) Keep strong! Much love from the Byfield Kaminskes!