Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday

Tim had a track and field day today. He was only signed up for one event: triple jump, and therefore was done practically before it began. That was fine with me. I drove him 1/2 way up north to meet the Pearsons so that he can dirt bike at their camp with them. This is his first time going there was quite excited. They already took his bike last evening.

Made an appointment at a beauty salon next Tuesday after work to look at wigs. This beauty salon is affiliated with America Cancer Society's Look Good Feel Better program. They will also show me how to use scarves properly. It's done privately so that is nice. After sweating outside for a few minutes today, I mentioned to Barry that it will be nice not to push away my bangs/hair and just be bald. Summer is the perfect time to shed some hair!

Barry and I also made a WalMart trip. I bought some ginger ale just to have on hand for the days after chemotherapy. I call it an insurance policy. Nothing like going out for something you need when you don't feel good. I already have saltines just in case.

I bought some impatients and potting soil, and may work on my flower bags this weekend. I have six bags to be creative with this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Sounds like a good day. I think working in the yard and planting flowers are such good therapy.
Just talked to Mike, and Tim and Ben are having fun. They were out riding. Ben got a flat on his Bike so he is riding Luke's. So glad he could make it. Thanks for taking him to Franklin.
Are you going blonde or brunette?

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jane, Sorry about the double comment. Takesolo is Bens Blogger name. I guess I am not a pro at this blogging yet.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'd say bonde with a "perky" cut. You know, the kind you just style with your fingers & height on top....yes, I'm serious, quit laughing. (No, I'm not talking a spike look.) I think it adds a lot around the face. Go for it and try them all on - different cut and colors! A tip I heard from my two elderly aunts that wear wigs - get a good fit because a strong wind will take them right off - and yes, it's happened to them both. They just laugh and have a good time with it though..........I love them dearly! :) Meg