Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Look good and feel even better.

Just wanted to say thanks to all my new "posters" of comments. Now I know you are out there reading my journal. Gives me more strength in knowing that.

After work I went to American Cancer Society Look Good Feel Better program. They give you about $130 free cosmetics, along with helpful hints about wigs/scarves. Met some more wonderful ladies. There was one woman there, her name is Karen. She volunteered to have her hair shaved as today it was coming out all over. What a gal. She was wearing such a beautiful hat, so color co-ordinated. I asked if she always wore hats, and she said no. Her hair was cut short like mine. She said that she didn't ask to be in this situation but was going to make the best of it! My kind of people.

If only I can remember how to put on the makeup by myself. I wish I could save my face as it is now. Really look nice in my opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what support can do for one's spirit (or two's spirits). Once again you are truly amazing for sharing your journey into the world of cancers. Love you, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know, I read your blog everyday. In fact I have several guys at Newsday asking me for new information all the time.