Wednesday, May 11, 2005

One more day

And I'll be on a new journey. I'm thinking of this as a second chance to re-create myself even better. Am off to work wearing a dress! Yes, a dress that only happens couple times each summer. Plus earrings instead of my usual studs. It's all about attitude.

Wish I had known what kind of a day it was going to be at work today. I would have called in sick myself. Someone else did call in sick for some reason, plus someone on vacation. So, just another sucky day at work. I've already vented to my close friends about the whole deal at work so I won't go back over the old wounds.

When Barry went to fill my presciption for anti-nausea pills to be taken the day of treatment, followed by the next two days (a total of 3 pills), he was told that insurance did not cover them.
$333.00 was the cost for these 3 pills, which I will need for the other 3 treatments. It's hard to believe nowadays that with so much cancer out there, insurance companies can charge this fee.
It just adds to the already stressed situation the cancer patient is in. But as Barry said, you need the pills so we have to just buy them. Am thankful that we had the money to even pay for them.

A tiring day but I have to look forward. Can't go backwards. Have already taken ativan for anxiety, and will take another one in a.m. along with one of my $100 pills. If I don't get sick I guess it is worth the money!

Until tomorrow....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed it is!! Meg

Anonymous said...

...this is the new begining you've working towards.

Stay focused...and smile.

Anonymous said...

I bet thoses earings really show up with that new short "do".

Lisa

Anonymous said...

everyone from arizona will be thinking of you tomorrow. we want to see pictures of the new jane..