Monday, May 16, 2005

Friends are ....

Just look at my blog and comments and you will find the definition of friends. To think I can come home from working and have a meal waiting for me is to be a blessing. Thank you.

Our first meals of love were delivered today. What a treat. Can't tell you how much this gesture means to me/us. I am so thankful that we moved to God's country.

I did get some positive news from the drug company Emend. I have been approved for free pills for the anti-nausea. The pills I used for my first chemo cost over $330 since insurance didn't cover them. But thanks to the Cancer Center and Brenda, my social worker, Emend approved them for me. They will automatically send them to me a week before each treatment. And if needed, I have 1 year of supply. There certainly are angels on earth.

Work was extremely busy today. Didn't help that I had wicked headache. But the nurse at the Cancer Center did tell me that I could take percacet or the like for the pain. And of course, ativan for anxiety/stress. I did take these when I came home and I feel much better. A nice feeling of almost la la land. Will be a pleasure not to have a headache.

Tomorrow I go to Look Good Feel Better class at the Cancer Center. Looking forward to it.
I also have a check up with my surgeon, assuming that will be my last one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should wait until you taste mine!! LOL :) Meg

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I found that the "meals of love" were such good medicine. I pray that the ones coming your way will be as much as blessing to you as they were to me. It was weird at first to accept that there is a need, but remember one thing...The friends that want to do this for you will receive blessings from God for being such giving people.

We love you.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jane,

My husband Fred, (he works with Barry) and I read your blog faithfully everyday. Please know that you, Barry and Tim are in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, one of these days I will meet you all. Take care, Gerry

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful the drug company will help people out that way, and how wonderful that you have so many caring friends out there!! It must really warm your heart, I know it does mine. I must admit, I forget there are so many good people in the world as so much is focused on the negative side that you hear about. Meg

Anonymous said...

...just came back from Boston, and commencement exercises where Aaron graduated from Emerson College.

There were over 500 women staying at the Park Plaza who were running in a Race Against Breast Cancer! The lobby was filled with women in pink running suits and head scarves. It was beautiful!!!

Timba