Saturday, May 14, 2005

Day 3 following Chemo/ First effects of Neulasta

I have changed my blog name to reflect the recent news in my life.

Yesterday was an extremely busy day for any person, but for me since it was my 2nd day after chemo it was a lot more. But a day that a lot was accomplished.

Didn't sleep well last night. Up looking at the clock often. Woke up with another headache, which is a side effect of one of the chemo drugs. Took some tylenol along with my 3rd and last emend anti-nausea pill. Thank God that the anti-nausea pills do their job. Hard to explain what I am feeling today. As my bosom buddy Jody told me, you may feel like you're getting the flu with the bones aching. And that's how I am feeling. That is the neulasta doing it's job, building up bone marrow. It can last 3-5 days and will get stronger in pain. Just need to take alleve, motrin or tylenol. And I'm staying in my jammies today and attempting to rest for a change.

Due to my small body build, the doctor said I will feel the effects of that pill. Barry is possibly seeing first hand what he will be feeling next week.

That's it for now. Just had some soup and ready to lie down some more. A healing kind of a day for me. A well deserved day to be in bed.

Had a nice call this p.m. from "cousin" Tim. It was great to talk to him, and he also was able to talk with Barry. It sounded good just listening to Barry talk to his cousin. A lot more positive feelings than I've heard in past few weeks. You have to understand this, not knowing can be worse than knowing. After his call, I got out of my pj's and eventually went to the grocery store with Tim (son). We bought all the makings for banana splits. That's my latest downfall, something I've been enjoying this past week. Also picked up some pineapple, apples, strawberries and pears. Healthy food to munch on. It was pouring when we went to the store, and do you know what I did? I stood out in the rain and just enjoyed it hitting my face. Going through times like these make you appreciate the littlest things in life. Oh yes, Tim and I did buy what could be a winning lottery ticket at the store!! Will keep you posted if we do win.

When we pulled into the driveway from the grocery store, we were greeted by 3 deer in the back yard. Truly a sign from God. Deer have always been such a blessing to me, so they appeared at just the right time.

Another day is done. Did take some alleve for my body aches and head ache, and will be hitting the bed soon. Please, if you do take the time to read my journal, please post comments so that I do know that you are there reading it. It does give me additional inspiration just to read your comments. And thanks for adding us to your prayer chains.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane - here is that verse that I told you about. May it comfort you and your family:

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I love the verse Jody sent you.

Let me know if you need anything. I can do laundry, clean house, make dinner, etc. Hope everything goes good for Tim at Penn State. It is an awesome experience.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jane, I have been stunned by the news of Barry. I read your blogs daily but have only commented a couple of times. I want you to know that all of us in Byfield are praying and sending positive thoughts your way. Now it's doubled. My parents have been very concerned and told me to let you know that they too are praying for all of you. Your journal entries show what a strong, courageous person you are. You are an inspiration to all who read your entries. I hope that today is a good day for all of you. Love from all of us in Byfield.