Sunday, May 15, 2005

Some aches

Didn't sleep well last night, even with sleeping pill. Tossed and turned. At 6 a.m., I took an alleve and attempted to go back to sleep. Flu like aches in my legs and a bad headache continue.
Since the headache wasn't getting any better, I took some sudafed because it could be sinus headache. I also found that when I put a hot face cloth on my eyes it felt so good. But of course, the heat doesn't last a long time.

At about 11:30, Barry suggested I get up and move to my chair in living room since it was such a nice day. So I did. Enjoyed a popsicle as I looked out the window. After a short while, Tim told me that I had a visitor in the back yard. Another deer! All by herself. Another sign from God that I needed to be up to see her. After she left the yard, Tim and I went into the woods and left some food for others to enjoy later. We also tossed out some old apples that we had.

Barry has gone to WalMart to look at new thermometers. It's very important that we watch for any fevers that we may get. Having a reliable thermometer is important. Tim has gone for a bike ride by himself. He usually bikes for about 9 or so miles. I've showered and my headache seems better. Will take more sudafed soon. Barry looks at me and hopes that he feels better than I do next week. I'm sure he will do fine.

Friends are so kind to us. They ask what they can do. I say continue to pray, but if you really want to know what would be like heaven it would just a simple meal. Even when I'm full of energy I don't like to think of meals. So now even a frozen meal sounds good to me. Last week I made a big batch of chicken soup so I could freeze a couple of containers for a "rainy" day.

I made myself get outside and walk to Lisa's house with Tim today. A bit tired but that's ok. That way I deserved my nap later on.

Symptoms I have noticed:
My sense of taste right now is gone. Nothing in my mouth tastes like anything. Am hoping this is short term because it certainly doesn't make you want to eat anything.
Headache has returned. Not as bad. Will check with doctor tomorrow to see if he can prescribe something.
Body aches no worse. Am noticing that even my teeth/jaw are sore.

Lisa P. telephoned me this evening. Friends had been asking her what they could do for us, and they've come up with making us some meals for the week. This week's meals for Monday, Wednesday and Friday are going to be taken care of by our friends. That is truly the definition of friendship, and I deeply appreciate the kindness. Had you ever asked me in the past about accepting help in this manner, I would have said there was no need. But have learned that accepting help is acceptable.

As I was doing the dishes tonight, I had a weepy time and Tim noticed. He came over and asked if I needed a hug. I told him that I certainly did need one, we're all going through so much right now. I try not to show tears in front of him but am only human. I told him that I was so lucky to have him, lucky that he's as grown up as he is. We talked about God giving us what we can handle, and we said that He will help us through these times. I have a very smart and caring son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane - I already made a batch of sauce and meatballs for you when I made mine on Sat. night. Wasn't sure if Barry would be at work though, so I froze it - which after reading your blog, sounds like I made the right choice because it sounds like you're set for this week. I'll bring it to work tomorrow (Monday) night and put it in freezer so Barry can take it home on his way out. I finally feel like I'm doing something to help. Sorry to hear you're feeling some discomfort, but glad to hear you got outside. How nice of Tim to walk with you - what a great kid! Meg