Sunday, May 01, 2005

And now for May

This is going to be a busy week for me. I will be seeing Dr. Garrow, my oncologist on Thursday for the first time. The good thing is that I am familiar with him since he's a neighbor of mine. I am anxious to meet with him and expect the appointment to be informative. I have my list of questions ready along with a brand new notebook to keep my notes. This was suggested to me by other cancer survivors. So much is usually discussed that it's hard to remember what is said once you leave the office. It's the not knowing that can make you go crazy.

Barry's biopsy came back inconclusive so he has to meet with an interventional radiologist in Pittsburgh. Our surgeon is scheduling this appointment and will get back to us. Here's a link to explain this specialized field of radiology: http://www.cc.nih.gov/drd/sp/whatis.html
Needless to say, we both have our anxieties to deal with right now.

I return back to work tomorrow. I've been treated by my doctor for anxiety due to my own condition. Am thinking positive that once I know what my treatment plan is that the anxiety will not be as bad. As I've said before, cancer is 24/7 right now in my/our lives. Nothing that I would ever recommend to anyone to go through.

Tim slept over 12 hrs. last night. Does say he's feeling better which is good news. Didn't want to wake a sleeping kid.

My sister Maureen sent this positive quote to me that she heard on TV last night:
"You can't see the future if you are looking through tears!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine getting a test result back as inconclusive. Waiting for those results is just agony and now you will have to do it all over again. However, I am happy that you are seeing someone in Pittsburgh. I, too, was treated for anxiety during my battle. However, my doctor did not pick up on it until I was near the end of my treatment.If only he had recognized it earlier! It would have saved me a lot of pain. I'm happy that you are taking something to help you get through this difficult time. I keep praying for you and your family. As one survivor said to me, "I assume that the cancer is gone from my body until someone tells me otherwise."