Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Another sore day

Had hoped today would have been better but not really.

Last night, when I was going to bed at 7:30 p.m. Aunt Esther called me. In tears I had to tell her I was not feeling good and was going to bed. It was a short phone call needless to say. No energy on my part to talk.
I think I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow.

When I got to work today, Jennie asked if I was still tired after coming back to work. Broke down. I then decided to ask HR and Michelle if going part time was an option for me. Am thinking I should not be feeling so much pain and being exhausted at the end of the day is not beneficial to healing. With a doctor's note I can go part time. I did speak to the doctor's office and this can be arranged since it sounds like I may be overdoing it. Just reaching for the phone or anything is pulling at my arm since it's my right hand. They told me to take tylenol during the day, and did say hot tub is good therapy. Will speak again tomorrow to doctor to update him on how this is or isn't helping me. Late in day I did start to use hands free head set to eliminate the reaching. Couldn't wait to get home to take percaset and go in hot tub. A very tiring day. I then lied on my bed just to not move my arm at all.

What is strange to me is that I wonder why the pain is under my arm in the flabby area. Expected it to be more under the arm pit where the incision is. Will ask doctor that question tomorrow.

This will probably be last entry for today. Hope to stay up to watch American Idol since I missed it last night.

Tim's been doing raking each night. Yard looking great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear jane,i was talking to barry he called me at work for the first time i have no words to say my FRIEND,expect like always i am here for you just in case you forgot YOU are always in my thought,even though we dont talk for a while.email me back if you can forker_donna@hotmail.com,i would love to hear from you.i hope you get this ,say hello to timmy ,i bet he got so big now see you later donna.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're so sore and tired after work. Seems to me that you may be doing more than you body is ready for. Your first and most important priority is YOU and your complete healing. Glad to hear that your family will be coming to stay for a visit. Best wishes and daily prayers for your continued recovery.