Saturday, April 09, 2005

Saturday in the Park

Tim and Barry got me up early this a.m. Barry is helping his boss move today, and Tim had an 8 a.m. soccer referee class at Marti Park. Getting up early on a Saturday is not my cup of tea. And talking of cup of tea, I did watch a bit of Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding this a.m. Unfortunately, I didn't get a personal invitation to attend.

Tim has just called from the Park to tell me that he is going to referee a game this morning. So, I'm on my way to give him his whistle/stop watch and to observe, Later on he's going to do more raking in flower beds and front yard. It's just another one of those great warm spring days. I saw another soccer mom I know at the game and she didn't know of my cancer. And since it's on my mind 24/7 I told her. And you guessed, I shed some tears and she did too. But you know, that's OK to do.

It was about 11:30 a.m. when the soccer game ended. Tim and I then went to buy winning lottery tickets! for tonight's game, lunch at KFC (haven't been there since moving to Pa.), and then to Walmart for soccer socks. Just a couple errands but it does get me tired.

We got home and I was able to supervise the raking. Actually, he was into it today. Did a lot, but lots more to do. In time it will get done. As he was raking I got to thinking of what day it was. It's April 9th and one month ago on March 9th, I had my first surgery. Hard to believe what I've gone through in one month. Incredible. I go back to work Monday and hope that this will get my mind off of my health maybe for a second or two. Not sure how I'll do, but definitely take each day as it comes.

All my bandaid strips have come off of my incision area on my breast as of today. Healing up quite well. I still have all the strips under my armpit from the last surgery. Still am unable to sleep on my stomach due to the right arm, but hopefully it won't be much longer. I just love my stomach to sleep on. Getting tired of just laying on back and a bit on on left side.

Tim went dirt biking with his 2 friends after Barry came home. Left at about 5 p.m. Afterwards they were going to roast some marshmallows outside. While he was gone, Barry washed our bikes. I drove the mower and did the lawn for first time this year. Yard looking better than it did a couple of days ago.

No comments: