Thursday, April 21, 2005

A good news day

Geez, it's 10:15 p.m. and I'm just logging my thoughts. Guess that's a good thing!

After work today, which was the usual, we went out to dinner to Tanner's. That was an event since the waitress, who we thought was new, was actually having some kind of a bad day and was terrible. Normally I would not say anything but she was so bad in serving us I had to mention it to the owner. The owner was walking around asking how everything was and this was our opportunity to speak up. End result of the evening, she got zero tip with the owner agreeing that was an OK thing to do. She also got taken off of waiting on tables. That was our dinner outing.

Tim went to Riverside for an invitational track meet after he was at Youngstown University for an English Festival. He didn't get home until 9:15 p.m. A long day for him. He got his personal best in long jump 13 ft. 11 inches and did great in the 1 mile run. 2 seconds behind Josh H. I believe. Quite proud of him.

Also was reading the local newspaper this evening. Found 3 interesting articles: On the front page was a picture of me and my survivor friends at last Saturday's Relay for Life walk. You can see my legs and hat, and I know it's me! The second article was of our 2 neighbors who made their college honor roll. That was great. The last article showed Honor Society students for our school. And do you know what I read? Tim made HIGH HONORS for his grade! He had not even mentioned that to me. Never knew that they had this in the middle school. Very proud of him.

Well, tomorrow I am taking a vacation day. Wonder why I need one! Perhaps due to such a busy last month. Will be good being able to spend the time with the family. Even Tim is off tomorrow.

Night.

No comments: