Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sunday. Our day to rest

Am so glad to have mom join us for church this a.m. She likes to do that when visiting us. She came into my room last night and asked if she could come. Wow, what a treat for me.

I have lots on my mind, but definintely there is a need to pray. Not only for a positive outcome in the biopsy but for what I have already.

This is a clipping in our church bulletin today which really struck my heart:

The words of Jesus in today's gospel, "Don't be troubled." seem impossible. The disciples, Phillip and Thomas, had difficulty understanding this, but Jesus did not back off. He said to them, and says to us today, to "have faith" because anxiety and worry are the enemies of peace.

The whole family visited with Barry today, along with Nick and Rich who work with him. He really enjoyed seeing everyone. Sure does make the time in the hospital go by a little faster. We have no time set yet for the biopsy, only know it's tomorrow. I'll get there by 7 a.m. Tim was invited by Lisa to stay at their house. Am so thankful for all our friends.

In coming home from one of my trips to hospital today, I caught the end of a radio interview with a breast cancer survivor. It was a Christian radio station and she was truly inspiring. I felt a connection with her since when she found out she had cancer, she decided to use that experience to help other women. Since you know the fear you can give support to others. Always look to the future, don't waste the experience you are going through. And let people help you. And after a bad day, just know that good days will soon return.

Believe that Jesus is in charge.

And she ended the program by saying "never give up-trust in Jesus for strength and salvation."

As stated before, I am no holy roller but need to believe and have faith in the big picture. Some things are out of our hands and have to believe there is a reason for everything. Faith: believing in something that you can't touch.

P.S. Donna: thanks for coming back into our lives. It was great talking with you tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jane,i am so happy i got to talk to barry it was great to talk to him ,i was talking so much i ask him iif he was tired,we were talking for a long while.he came out and said yea i am i just did not want to get you mad.but it made me feel better to talk to him ,i told him i will call monday night. i tried to call you back but the phone was busy, so i thought i write to you instead.talk to you soon donna cutrone.

Anonymous said...

Jane - I hope you don't mind, or are too surprised, to know that I've been checking your blog on a regular basis. I asked Barry to let you knnow, and if you'd rather, I can discontinue doing so. Just wanted to tell you that Pete, Anna and I are pulling for you and your family. I'm very glad to hear your sister is sticking around, I'm sure it's great support! :) We keep you, and now Barry, in our prayers. (Of course, we don't forget Tim either!) Meg