Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A good day: The drain is out!

Barry and I got to Dr. Henwood's office at 9 a.m. Barry stayed in waiting room. He was a chicken today! Dr. Henwood was able to "pull" the drain out in one tug. It helped that I was laying down on the table. When he pulled it out, I asked "is it out?" since I didn't know whether I had to feel that pain once more! Very thankful it was only once. I have to see him on a follow-up visit in 2 weeks. He gave me a return to work note for Monday, April 11th. He said to give it a try. Again he told me that 6 nodes were removed and that there was no cancer on them. Dr. Henwood told me that shortly I would be moving on to Dr. Garrow the oncologist once healed from the surgeries.

I called a couple of people at the bank to tell them that I was coming back. Michelle wasn't in so I left message with Renee. And of course, I had to call my family. Both Barry and I eventually took naps.

Today's such a gorgeous day. Temps in 70s. Just cooked some marinated kabobs on grill, without even having to uncover snow from the cover.

For the first time since all my surgeries and being at home, I met Tim out on Mom's favorite rock when he came from school today. All the other days I've been in bed. I think I shocked him.
We then went to get my nails done, first time in over a month. Retta also washed my hair, now that felt like a million dollars. The simplest things in life are often the best things in life.

Had read today and just saw him on the end of his broadcast, that Peter Jennings from ABC news was just diagnosed with lung cancer and will be starting treatment. It's so sad to know that every day there is another life effected by this disease. I was never a smoker and got cancer. So, please for me if you do smoke please reconsider a "lifestyle" change and stop. If not for me, for yourself. It's just not worth it.

"We are survivors the moment we are diagnosed with cancer.": Cancer Institute/per Peter Jennings commentary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..I hear that a appeal has been filed in Federal court to have the tube put back in because not all the doctors involved think it should have come out.

There's some concern that you weren't in a persistant drainage state.

I think the Amish Senator is behind it all.

TimBa

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I am so glad that drain came out. The weather is beautiful today and brings warmth to us all. Charlene Hawkes from the bank asked about you last night when I saw her at Muggies. She is praying for you and looking forward to seeing you back at work.

love ya,

lisa