Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Barry comes home

Just a quick update for all of our friends and family. Barry is now home and very happy to be here.

Today was a time to rest, not having to go to the hospital. For the first time since surgeries, I was able to nap on my stomach. That was a good treat. Very quiet without the family, but Eileen is still here and is very helpful. Family arrived safely to their homes.

Matt came to visit us and spend the evening. Had been in Cleveland for business and took the time to come over here. That was a big boost for Barry to see his brother during these times.
Family is so important. It was nice hearing the two boys talk. Got Barry to think of something else rather than his health.

For me, I am working to get the right meds to help with my personal anxiety with the upcoming treatment. Cancer is 24/7 on my mind.

A comment by Tammy Messner on MSNBC today:

“Don’t let fear rule your life,” she said. “Live one day at a time, and never be afraid.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on things & waiting. Meg

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Barry is home. Will check tomorrow evening before church for an update so I can tell my small group and we can pray.

lisa

Anonymous said...

...good things for Barry!
Say hello to Matt and tell him to pass along the good vibes of the "Summer Song" of Milford from his "Shadow Captain"!

Anonymous said...

Jane:
I'm glad to here that Barry is back home and he is doing terrific...And you're are doing fine also. I wish you both a speedy recovery and I will keep you guys in my prays. Extend my regard to Barry and Tim.

Moe

Anonymous said...

glad to see barry is home.. we all check in everyday to see what is going on donna dewey and tessa think it is so cool and don will call from work have you read it yet today.. peg and curt (works with don) who you got to meet a deweys said hi..