Monday, April 11, 2005

First day back to work after almost 3 weeks.

Well, I slept very good since I took sleeping pill. Didn't want to chance a restless night.

Am wearing a cream colored pant suit and bright pink shirt, along with 2 pink cancer bracelets that have been given to me by 2 Lindas I know. For good luck. Off to work. Catch you this p.m.
And yes, I'll take it easy and take needed breaks.

And here I am at 8:30ish updating my day. It was a very long day for me. It was great seeing people and getting a hug here and there. Many people had been asking about me since I've been gone. But as they say, some things never change. The girl who has been doing my job since I've been gone was out on a vacation day today. I had hoped for some time to catch up on emails for the past 3 weeks but that wasn't the case. I had to jump right back into the saddle and do my desk job by myself along with answering many phone calls. Not what I needed the first day back. Certainly did keep my mind for the most part off of my problems. Being short staffed and the usual meetings make for many phone calls to be answered. But I helped a lot of people with problems that compared to my own were quite easy. And that was good. I ended up being the last person to leave work today, just needed to tidy up my desk as it was a very busy day.

My right arm especially was very sore by 5 p.m. Just by doing different activities as simple as reaching for a stapler on my desk pulled muscles. But pain can be good. I took a pain killer as soon as I got in the door. And shortly I'll hop into the hot tub to relax even more.

Well, tomorrow is another day. And hopefully will be a better and less tiring day for me. Have to keep my health as #1 concern.

And I forgot to post this: My family is coming this Friday!! With my mother's recent memory problems, they will be coming after all but if need be they will cut the trip short. I was so excited to hear this news. Trailer will be all set for anyone who wants to stay in there. I can't wait to give a real hug to everyone since this has been one heck of a few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back at work so soon! What a trooper. Should have milked it for more. I suppose there is something to be said for keeping busy though. Give my best to your folks when they get there.
Love, Matt and family.

Anonymous said...

what, a bathing suit in the hot tub??
Why??

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're feeling better. Sometimes, focusing on the needs of others can be therapeutic.

Take it slow....