Friday, April 01, 2005

Ahh. April is here.

I stayed up until Barry got home last night for him to drain my j-drain. There is not much liquid draining. Then I took a sleeping pill. Only got up once to take a pain killer pill. They work like clockwork, run out in 4 hrs. I didn't get up for Tim this a.m., but Barry did. I called Dr. Henwood's office at 9 a.m. and was told to keep the drain in for the weekend. He asked that I call the numbers in on Monday and that the drain will probably come out on Tuesday. Had really hoped that it would be taken out today but..

Lisa Pearson arrived with crock pot meal in the morning for dinner tonight. Now we can smell it cooking all day. Such a nice smell. She also brought me some tulips.

I then went back to bed and got up at about noon. Sure did feel good to sleep. Only way I can sleep is on my back with my right arm propped up next to me on pillow at same level as my chest. Otherwise, the arm is very uncomfortable. I continue to exercise my right arm during the day, but not to raise it above my head. Just do 90 degree angles per Dr. Henwood.

Barry treated me to Rachel's for lunch. It's my first time out since the surgery. Went out actually in what has become the top part of my pj's, Barry's old work shirt. But at least I tucked it inside my pants to look dressed up! Just going out for that short while felt good but time to get back into bed. A bit tired just by doing that.

Dinner was delicious. You know it's good when meat just falls apart. Nice and tender, and as Tim said nice and spicy. Tim went with Pearsons to see school play and then Ben is coming here to sleepover. When kids are this age, they are definitely no problem to have in the house. He could have slept over their house, but we thought here would be better just to have him home.
I took mini nap while he was at play.

This week's news consisted of the following deaths: Terri Schiavo, Frank Purdue, Johnnie Cochran. And Pope John Paul's health was failing all day from the Vatican. An 84 year old strong willed man. What a life.

No comments: