Thursday, April 07, 2005

An exciting day-I get to take a SHOWER

Before going to bed, I took a peek at the place where the tubing went in. And it was basically sealed up, so this morning I can finally have the pleasure of a SHOWER. Am so excited and looking forward to washing my own hair. Life's little treats!

Slept so well last night that I was able to dream. A bit stiff when I would wake up at the incision places, but otherwise I'm doing great.

I got up to see Tim off to school this a.m. He has his first away Track meet today. Scattered showers are expected during the day, and I hope they avoid the time that he is at his meet.
Going back to bed shortly for a little siesta nap.

Got to take a nice long shower! Geez, what a treat. First time since last Wednesday's lymph node surgery. Mmmm. Later tonight I'm going into the hottub.

While Tim was at his track meet, I went to WalMart and picked up couple pairs of pants and another shirt.
And yes, t-shirts for Barry. Tim only did the high jump today, no running since his leg was hurting him. Got hurt during his practice this week.

Usually I get emails telling me that I have new comments. But today for some reason, 2 comments were posted that I didn't know about. Just happened to look up the blog myself. And then I went back through the blog further, and see that a comment on April 3rd posted by anonymous has been removed by Blog Administrator. Wonder what that comment was all about. Perhaps something juicy that they didn't want me to read. (PS. Just came to me that it was a testing post that I did just to see how easy it was to post a comment.)

I also want to thank the individuals that have sent in money for the Relay for Life/American Cancer Society walk that Tim and I are walking next Saturday. That is deeply personally appreciated from the bottom of my heart, along with the many cards/emails/prayers that have been sent my way.

All in all, a good day in the neighborhood. P.S. Hottub sure did feel good after a long time away from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...the question is; were you alone in the shower?

Anonymous said...

Must have felt great getting that shower in. All of us in Byfield have been sending prayers your way. Looks like some were answered when your lymph nodes came out clear. Have been following your blog but this is the first time I've tried to comment. Best wishes for your continued move toward recovery. We are praying daily for you.