Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Liquid or something on my lungs. What else?

I was in pain this am. again. Think it has been 4th day. Called oncologist office and they scheduled a stat CT scan locally. Both were side by side. Barry drove me,
I had the test and they said to stick around for the results. Since Barry was out in truck, (12:45 p.m. and my appt. with oncologist 1:15 p.m.) I told him he could go home. I then called my neighbor Mrs. S. to pick me up when I was done at oncologist.
To make long story short, there was a bit of confusion. I was to go next door to oncologist and they would tell me outcome. Right then I knew somethin was not kosher. All along I have known by body, and today was no exception. She told me that I was getting that pain due to liquid out of lungs (I can't really remember what she said, should have some one come with me), the main pain is belt high left side waste. And she listened to my lungs and she could hear the liquid.

#2-I've inherited a large lymhph node on my left breast. I had for some reason found it myself the light before. Feels so squishy to me. Probably would show up as cancer knowing my history. And if it was to be drained, there could even be cancer behind me. I tell you, my lucky day.

That cancer is so fast moving. And it is so painful. Hard to breathe in and out.
She's ordered a MUGA scan for Friday at local hospital. Not sure on transportation at this time. SHe is doing another MUGA scan to make sure my heart is doing OK with the chemo. Think it was borderline when I started, so if it has decreased capacity
will have to change the chemo drug.

Still have to call dr. tomorrow to ask questions: is there pain relief, will this liquid dry up or grow, what's the next step?

Today my CT scan technician got to talking with me. I explained my blog, gave her my card that shows my blog address. She said I must inspire so many people and then asked for a hug. We hugged and couple of tears flowed from her eyes. I agree.

I'm not afraid of dieing, but it comes down to being able to say I've done a great job with Tim. One of my goals was accomplished: got him into a good college. My next goal is to see him graduate from high school this June 2009. People have told me that you can tell Tim is a good rounded off person. And that comes from his surroundings.

When I got home this p.m. I went to bed after Barry went to work 3:15ish. I just woke up at 10:30 p.m. Didn't know where I was. Tim was already in bed, heard he was coming down with something. Probably no school for him in a.m.

Just to breathe normal is very painful. My to do list will include a call to Dr. S.
oncologist.

Wasn't able to do lunch with Patti, but has been rescheduled for tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane: Please know I am thinking of you, and praying for you to be comfortable.

Not only have you done a fine job with your son, but you have done a fine job of glorifying God throughout your ordeal. Your faith and strength are so evident and you touch so many lives. You serve many wonderful purposes, Jane.

It is such a shame that in our current health care society we have to be our own best advocate. I hope you get some answers - especially directly from the doctors you ask rather than them passing it off to someone else to answer.

Love you, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane....please don't forget I am here for you. Only an email or phone call away. I am so sorry for all of this you are going thru. I love you
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Jane - I love you! Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear about your situation. I pray that you will have some relief from the pain.
Ann

Anonymous said...

don't forget as i told u on telephone tonight HOPE AND HARMONY!! will get u thru this mess!

Anonymous said...

words of wisdom prior from moe love u lots!!

Unknown said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You have been through so much and have won. Keep up the good fight!



Linda in florida