Saturday, January 31, 2009

Very busy week of appts. /Muga from 50-40%

I've seen the Primary Care Dr, surgeon, and Dr. Simon who is my oncologist.

Dr. Simon had read about my recent surgery and had 2 drugs that I could use. And if I didn't mention this to any one my Muga Scan was at 50% and as of the first of January down to 40%. I am not aware of the number that is used to stop treatment as it causes trouble with the heart.
Dr. Simon asked my Pittsburgh oncologist and he agreed, try the new chemo drug. It' been ordered and I'm tentatively set for treatment on Thursday. Since it's a new drug, the nurses will have to taught themselves in order to give it me. I told them I would do my best. Dr. Simon
looked at my chart and I've been on approxibly 8 different treatment. This drug is given with pre drugs such as nausea. Followed by IV drip that should last 3 longs years. I also read briefly
(because that's what I do) and neuropathy can be an effect. I've had that while on a capsule
chemo drug way back.

The name of the new drug is IXEMPRA . I'll be googling during my spare time.

Last night sucked for me. Tossing, turning, legs ached along with crying. Why is that the nights can be the worse.

I would like to shout out a BIG wish that radiation will truly end tomorrow for Pat and the other prayer is for my another friend who follows my blog Ann L. I can't see going through this stuff by oneself.

My next medical appt. is Monday checking out and assessing breathing. To see it's set for correct # for usage.

That's it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wonderwoman: So you get to try some new drugs and we all will be praying that they help. Relax and enjoy the Superbowl. Let's Go Steelers!
Love Ya Tons,
Debs ;-}

Anonymous said...

Jane,
I am at the church retreat with Julie M., Lisa H, and Ronnee ok we don't need a last name for her who else do we know named Ronnee. WE are all thinking about you and hoping you are having a good day today. I read about your new chemo. I hope those side effects are not tough. KNowing you though you will plow right through it. WE missed you last night at dinner. I told joanne you probably were at your dr. appts when she called. Ronnee is headed outside you make you a snow angel named Jane. Ok we will get a little kid to do it that will be closer to your size you little peanut. WE love you and ARe thinking of you. B ad typing on rick's laptop. WE LOVE YA JANE
BECKY, JULIE RONNIE AND LISA

Anonymous said...

u sounded much better on the phone tonight than last night!! hang tough!! thanks to doreen and the other angels for getting jane the carnations etc. from her family far away!!! as jane told me u can go broke paying for delivery fees of simple carnations!! i told her the story of why i picked a friend to do an errand!! thanks again-janes family far away!!

Anonymous said...

Jane...Hope you had a resfull day today. Pretty quiet here. Roger is off his "old timers" meds for 2 months. Doing no different without them so far. His Dr said they could be causing him to get the "nasties" as I call it. Will soon see. Doreen.....thanks from all of us here.
Love you
Eileen