Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stitch out/Staples Out,Tim took me to oncologist

Very busy day and I never felt them being taken out. My oncologist appt. took the longest which is about 90 mins. We've got the results of the MUGA scan that show45-50 reduction , down from 50 percent when I began the journey. I've been through about 8 differerent chemo drugs and my 2 oncologists have decided on a new treatment which is not on me at the present time. It has to be ordered, nurses have never used this drug in this office and therefore have to be taught so they can teach me. I told Dr. Simon I was going to be her *Star Student*.. I've heard the side effects can be rough but will give it a try. That's all I can do.


This weeks' appt. have ended. Yahoo.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane....You must be so tired from a long day. Glad it is over and you can get into your jammies. You have 2 good guys there to be your taxi. I love you very much and hope you have a good rest tonight.
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane:

You are in such good hands with Dr. Simon. She wastes no time and reads up religiously on new treatments. I have yet to meet another doctor who researches as much as she does. Those nurses at OHA are true angels, too.

Sorry to hear your MUGA results showed damage from your prior treatments.

I hope you can have a relaxing, comfortable weekend. Hopefully you will enjoy the Super Bowl. GO STEELERS!

Love ya, JK

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE MY 'AMERICAN IDOL' SO WHO NEEDS A SHOW!!! Rest up for the plan to be!!! U have some smart doctors helping u thru this journey!!Stay warm and love u lots! adios moe

Anonymous said...

Of course you are going to be the "star student." Love ya, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

I agree you are in good hands with Dr. Simon.(And her nurses) :)
I was just there today. Glad you are finished with doctors for the weekend, and can enjoy your family.

Call if you need anything.

Love You.
JoAnn S.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, Every person who tries a new drug just gives a little more information to all of those who are trying to find ways to fight this dreaded disease. It is people like you that will bring healing to others in the future. You go girl!!!

love ya lots.

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I'm glad this week of appointments, doctors, and snow is over for you. Rest this weekend.

Here's another shout out for Dr. Simon! She's the best!

Each new drug has the opportunity to work miracles in your body. Praying this is the one!

Love, Ann L.