Friday, January 09, 2009

MUGA Heart Scan today 1:30 p.m.

Yesterday I didn't get up until noon. Not that I was asleep the whole time. Checked to see if Tim had 2 hr. delay at school. He didn't. But that didn't matter because he was sick. Some kind of flu. When you put eyes hurt together with being chilled/hot you get the flu in my opinion. He actually got up before me. I asked him if Barry had mentioned anything about me to him, and he said he did. His response was the same as all the other times to me. He said it's OK, you'll (I'll)
make it through it, you've done it before. He gives me inspiration. From that point on yesterday I was my same old self. Take away the pain and I am left with my positive outlook.

Eventually I showered and got into some clean jammies. My afternoon was full of visitors. It was a great afternoon. Lisa H. stopped by because a little birdie told her I was having a difficult time. She shared a prayer and had a nice conversation.
Linda F. had given me a beautiful heart necklace this week which I showed Lisa H.
Next thing I knew she was taking off a pair of heart shaped earrings she had been wearing. It was her gift to me so I would have a perfect match. You can't beat sincerity like that.

(off the subject: last night my sister Maureen called. She was crying out of concern for me. I said not to cry. Her remark was remembering what kind of environment we live in. All the caring people. Truly sincere people.
The kind of people when they offer to do something, they mean it. I agreed with her. She stopped crying right away.)

Later in the evening (unplanned which makes for a better time) 4 of my friends stopped by to say hi. One brought rosary beads (made from rose pettles) blessed by the pope. We shared so many laughs as I lay in my recliner. My illness was not the center of conversation which was nice. I had told them of the earrings being given to me, and of the comment I should have made to Lisa H. I should have said hey, I like your car! Perhaps she would have given that to me.! I think they were here for about 2 hrs. but I never looked at the clock. When asked how I was feeling, I said that pain was minimal in the position I had been in. Alright if I don't take deep breaths. I truly enjoyed the evening. An evening of not watching TV.

Tim had gone to bed while my friends were here. You know he's sick when he does that.

And now for today. Tim woke up and he did go to school. I got up at about 9:30 a.m.
Will shower and get ready for my MUGA heart scan today. From my past memory I think it takes a total of two hrs. Barry will be taking me as he has his own stuff to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that test goes ok for you today. Glad you had a good night with all your company. I would say to you "I like your hot tub" LOL Love you all very much..
Eileen

Anonymous said...

What a good night last night. We all enjoyed an evening of good laughs and good friends. Where one or more of us gather.....there is a party!!! Thanks for having us. Hope scan was good today. Stay warm with all this snow. Love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Always thinking of you sweetie!
TimBa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: I hope you are resting, and can report good news from your MUGA when you blog again.

God always seems to know when we need "pick-me-ups". He sent lots your way yesterday! :-) Good friends have that ability to keep your mind/body feeling well.

Love you - JK