Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our God Is An AWESOME God!

Yes, Our God is truly an Awesome God. Just look at me. Sure I have cancer but I have also been alive for over 3 years since being diagnosed. We went to church today with a hero's welcome. The Praise Team was sitted as we walked into the church. It was because of a posting by Anne B. that I even knew about the song, and that they had been practicing it for a few weeks in honor of me. Had you asked me a week or so if I would be able to go to church today I would have laughed at you, and perhaps I would have listened to it on Titan Radio. But I set my alarm earlier than usual because I am slow to move nowadays. And today was just another great day at church. Again, how can anyone go through such shit without support and love from others. Faith is a good thing to have!

And it's amazing how many times I heard this awesome word mentioned today. By both Rev's
and some friends. Just in casual conversation it comes up. Pretty nice.

I was able to once again to take a small nap in my bed. Surrounded by about 4 pillows and without oxygen. Felt so good to me. Tomorrow the oxygen people come with my portable unit to go out shopping. To be used as needed. During the day I find no need of oxygen, just when I am going to bed at night so far. Hopefully that will change.

Again, thanks Praise Team/Anne B. for taking the time to learn that song for me. Because we know He is an Awesome God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures, Jane. You are so good at that. Love to put faces with the names. Church sounds wonderful today. They really love you there! Yes, God is Awesome!

Love, Ann L.

Anonymous said...

Jane,

It is nice to see you blogging yourself! Mom & I are glad you are home and we are praying.

Maureen Graney & Pat Salmen

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane - I'll always remember your reaction at Women of Faith Awesome God! God is indeed awesome! Here's another one, you may have heard it, it is a great praise and worship song. The church I went to yesterday sang it and I thought of you:

All in All

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all

Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all

Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your name

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again, I bless your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down, You pick me up
When I am dry, You fill my cup
You are my all in all.

Got is mightier than your cancer and He will help you through this.

Love you!

Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jane! So wonderful to think of how MUCH love is expressed because of YOU. That's because of your love for others. Sure is making this world a better place! If I could run next door to visit, I would, but for now, you’re in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you’re home, special lady! God is good.
Love to you,
Janet