Thursday, January 01, 2009

Too much to remember...

Let me try to remember what happened since I last posted:

My brother Doug and his daughter came to Cape to see us on Monday. It's his only day off, so any time he spent with us is a million dollars. It was great seeing both of them. Another chance for Tim to see a cousin. We went out to lunch at local restaurant. They came down in their motorhome. I had seen him (not that I remember) in April when I had my first brain tumor. So he was quite pleased to see me walking/talking.

Tuesday we went back to see his parents and to say good bye to them.

We heard about a snow storm coming east. So we talked it over and decided to leave Tuesday night instead of the next morning. The 3 of us napped in the afternoon hrs.,
had some scallops wrapped in bacon, and left the Cape at 8:30 p.m. We were glad we did this. Oh yes, we threw pennies out the window as we drove over the bridge. This means that we will return. I think it's something I made up years ago. But it works.

Barry and Tim shared the driving both ways. I got to stay in the back seat, blanket and pillow beside me. I didn't really sleep, but I had the luxury of not driving.
On the return trip Barry drove all but the last 3 hrs. I don't know how he did that.
We didn't get home until 6:10 a.m. All the driving was during the night. Not my cup of tea. We hit snow flurries where it always snows, Snow Shoe. At times they even close that part of Rt 80 because of the weather. The flurries didn't last that long. And then bad weather came the last 45 minutes or so of the trip. Tim was driving. It snowed along with mist. You could see temperatures rise and fall, nearing the 32 degree mark. I think this was Tim's initiation into winter driving.
At some parts of the trip you couldn't see ahead of you. White out conditions.
I was so glad to get off the main road and into my driveway. I sighed a bit of relief. And kissed Tim and Barry for a safe trip. Was glad I wasn't driving because if it was me, I would have pulled off the road and found a nice hotel!

Yesterday after arriving home in the morning we immediately went to bed. I think Tim was in bed within 10 minutes. I was the last person to wake up after a few hrs.
And I didn't even drive. Later in the day the boys were watching a movie and I went to take a nap. Tim had a New Years Eve party to attend later in the evening. Do you know what? I slept right through dinner, Tim going out to party and new years eve. I didn't even see the ball drop. Maybe it didn't! I was awaken at 1:30 a.m. when Tim and his friend came home from the party. I truly must have been pooped.

And today Barry was out to the store while I slept. Then the boys got up, and it was my turn to get out of bed finally at 9:30 a.m. I guess I had enough sleep. I didn't dare take a "nap" today.

Oh by the way. Dr's office called and I'm scheduled for cyberknife again tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. It's going to be for 90 minutes this time. And for just one session. Unlike before. I'm definitely going to take a pill to relax. At least I know what to expect this time.

Well, I hope I covered it all. You can't put a price on a good time. I'm blessed to have such a family considering that so many families are not close. And I'm blessed to live in such caring surroundings.

I want to wish everyone a healthy New Year. I am lucky. Who can say that they've been through 2 brain surgeries and are able to write and talk about it? None that come to my mind.

PS. As I drove away from my parents house that night, I did not shed any tears. I did all that I wanted to do. It was meant that Maureen came to see me recently as she was sick while we were there. I did miss seeing my oldest sister Eileen. She too was sick. She's the sister who likes to clean my house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope cyberknife goes quickly and u doze-------a lot with the ativan! don't forget to take some pain med immediate release with u for after since u will be laying still a long time-and some water to swallow the pill! u all enjoy a great day tomorrow and a happy new 2009!!!!!!!adios moe

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I pray the cyberknife goes well today. I will be praying for you.

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! It seems like you had a whirlwind trip. You are going to need your rest. I'm sure will do great with cyberknife! Love, Mary lou