Thursday, January 15, 2009

A SURPRISE PHONE CALL

my caller id says it is jane's cell and could it be. Well it is jane and she shares the following information with me. Several doctors saw her today including the lung surgeon and her lady cancer md's assistant-don't know names. They say go for it at this stage. She begins to cry and says this will be the last procedure she goes thru-how much more can i take". I told her to ease her mind and focus her energy on resting for the operation tomorrow. She knows after this discussions need to be made as to how much more treatment will be.She is ever so excited to mention to me that Mr Joe Hopkins-u know he is 89 years old maureen visited and also woman from the Dean's Office at the College-? name sorry-she took couple pics and will send to me.
It has snowing most of day and school cancelled for tim tomorrow. Told her I forgot to mention the iv's needed yesterday as her blood pressure was low and her pulse was high-u know she wants the details posted!! She will be in the hospital for 7 days. She knows of postings received and thanks u all for same! She did have a lot of pain after the echo today-on oxycontin and between morphine meds like at home. Left me with telling me her mouth was dry from talking, she had a roomate and they moved her to another room and that she was NPO after midnoc for the operation tomorrow. I will call her in am. P>S> JANE after i printed this the first time i pressed publish post and the whole thing disappeared as it did for u other night!! must be a kay moment!! ADIOS MOE AND LETS TRY TO POST AGAIN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moe......not just Kay moments...LOL..Roger moments too.

Anonymous said...

Maureen & Eileen, Thanks so much for posting for Jane. I remember what is was like when I had the fluid and it was so tiring to talk. Some days I could only get out a few words at a time. I know many of you can't imagine me not talking!!!! And I remember the echo being painful just because you have to lie down and the fluid gets irritating. Well, today that fluid will be gone!

I will be praying for you all day today. Will come and visit soon.

love ya,

Lisa P