Tuesday, January 06, 2009

No decadron for me, PA said...

When I don't write there's usually a reason. I did speak to my nerosurgeon's P/A
and she said that decadron is not given, too many side effects. After I hung up I thought of saying death is a side effect I'm living with. I had emailed dr. for him to call me back, but he had given my email to her to call me. Said I should call primary dr. or oncologist. He only deals with the brain. Mentioned also that I felt my speech was regressing from the surgery. My voice hesitates at time just like before. I'm aware of it, have to think before I talk. This was talked about in my 2nd email. She had to call me back as she was not aware of that one. She did and dr. suggested MRI to see if things are OK. Told her that I will get back to her if it occurs more regularly.

Pain: presently (past couple of days) I've been having pain when I breathe in and out. Also, on my left side of my body, where top of my underwear is hurts. Am not sure what body part is there. I was going to make an appt. with oncologist, but it does appear better this evening. Will call her if it is still there in a.m.

I'm going backwards I think. Back to my long naps. Back to being tired. Back to old speech. I wish I could go back those days before Christmas. Especially in church. I felt I was on top of the world. A zombie is what I call myself.

On to a good note. I'm looking forward (yes) to having lunch tomorrow with Patti.
Have not done lunch in a long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang tough as u always do!! love u lots adios moe

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear things are going the wrong way...I don't understand Doctors some times. If those meds make you feel better let you have them I think. That is crazy. I love you and hope you have a better day. Bad weather here today with a little snow but more ice. Love you
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Jane. Hang in there. Hopefully, one of the doctors will "listen" soon. Love, Ann